Friday, May 25, 2012

Nail Of The Day!!! Crazy Summery Combination!

So I have been recovering from surgery all of this week, and have really been going crazy being unable to do much of anything but watch movies, and lay around. Today I have finally been able to get around a little more, I was even able to sit upright long enough to do my nails!!  This was huge for me, and it has completely renewed my spirits.  It's amazing how sometimes even the smallest things can just really brighten our mood!  I am someone who always has to have my nails painted, so having them completely unpolished since Sunday (5 days) has been absolute torture for me!


I had the hardest time deciding what color/colors to paint them though, because everything looked so appealing! I wished I could have painted my nails 20 different colors.  I played around with some of my nail wheels to try to decide what I wanted to do.  I knew that I wanted to incorporate some neon because this has been a major obsession of mine for the past few months.  I thought about doing a pink ombre look, but it wasn't quite loud enough for me today.  I decided that I would do a blue, and neon/gold look.

I love neon polishes but I hate how they are never as opaque as you'd like them to be.  Inevitably, I always have to build up by doing several coats, then I worry that the polish will chip easier because I had to do so many coats.  I have heard that doing one coat of a white polish first will potentially help the neon polish be more opaque.  I had yet to actually try it, but today I finally decided to give it a try.  So I played around with this on my wheel first, and was quite surprised with how effective just one coat of a white first was.  I did it with my China Glaze Sun Worshiper, and my China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, my two favorite neon colors at this time.  The pictures aren't showing the difference as much as I would have liked, but there is a definite difference between the nail that I just did the neon color on, and the nail that I used a white base first.

The left nail in both pictures has no white, and the nail on the right has one coat of white.


Now for what I did on my actual nails... I used the base coat and top coat from Butter London.  I also used China Glaze First Mate, China Glaze Sun Worshiper, OPI Catch Me In Your Net, and Essie Blanco for my base for the Sun Worshiper.


This combination is a little out there, but honestly, it's exactly what I needed to perk me up today!  Also, I am LOVING OPI Catch Me In Your Net right now!  Sometimes I tend to forget about it, but I am so happy that I stumbled upon it while I was digging through my collection today!  It is such a perfect color for summer, it reminds me of the glistening ocean!!  It is a wonderful mix between blue, and green.  The picture isn't doing it much justice, but if you're looking for a really fun summer polish, I would definitely recommend checking this color out!  It is very pretty!


I hope that everyone is doing well, and I hope that you all enjoy the long holiday weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Surgery?? Oh no! At least you're feeling better! I'm loving the polishes too!! Mine have been baked for the last week. Just the top coat (This is sooo unlike me!)! But after reading this, I gotta get back into it & get them ready for the warm weather by using bright colors! Hope you feel more & more better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw what you ended up doing to them on Instagram, LOVELY!!!! And thank you so much, I'm definitely doing much better! :) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete