Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Butter London Autumn/Winter 2012 Polish Purchases

So Butter London is one of my all-time favorite nail polish brands, so naturally I was really excited to see their new releases for their Autumn/Winter 2012 collection.

They drew inspiration for the 5 new shades from sequins, velvet, satin, and tweed.  The polishes are glittery, holographic, and metallic.   They are all beautiful, and I really wanted to get all of them.  LUCKILY.... Next week, Monday 9/10 Ulta has a buy one get one free sale on Butter London polishes, so perhaps I will be able to get a couple more of these shades. :)

The colors are Dodgy Barnett, Gobsmacked, Lovely Jubbly, Shag, and Trustafarian.  I have Dodgy Barnett, and Gobsmacked.



I was especially excited got Gobsmacked, it reminds me of one of my favorite polishes from OPI called Baby It's Coal Outside.  I've been looking for a dupe for the OPI shade for quite a while now because the brush broke and it is very difficult to use the polish anymore.  So when I saw Gobsmacked, I immediately thought that I might have found a dupe.  Unfortunately, the finish is too different, and the Butter London polish is much lighter, it's more of a grey than a black.  The finish is rather unique, it is textured, even when I apply a topcoat it is still textured.  The texture is amazing, I love it so much, it reminds me of fresh asphalt   This is a must-have polish if you're into having nail polishes that are different and unique. Butter London describes this fabulous polish as "A heavily pigmented charcoal grey glitter nail lacquer with a slightly textured finish. This shade is unlike anything we’ve seen before – a legend in the making!"






Dodgy Barnett is the other polish I have, and this shade is such a perfect holographic polish.  I adore this one too, and it was extremely long-lasting, we're talking well over a week! Butter London describes this polish as "A highly holographic lacquer in a classic shade that blurs the line between grey and silver."








No comments:

Post a Comment